The process of moving emails from a primary inbox into a separate archive is known as email archiving. The features offered by email archiving are available in all emailing services and can be easily and safely used by many users. However, by confirming that they always have a copy of your messages it permits you to keep information on everything sent and received. For storing essential emails it’s a fast and authentic solution. Besides, an email archive helps store old emails that you don’t need to access immediately but may need in the future. So, follow the step-by-step guide on how you can archive emails in Outlook if you are a beginner.
Benefits of Email Archiving
There are many advantages offered by email archiving. Go through it, one by one:
- For the both primary and archive mailbox the storage limit is separate.
- The storage space is unlimited.
- In the main mailbox, it ensures a clear separation of all emails.
- Either automatically or manually any email can be archived easily.
- The archived emails are protected as that of the main mailbox with the help of the same level of security.
Archive emails in Outlook via Web
- First, visit Outlook.com and log into your email account.
- Tap on the Folder option to see where emails are located.
- Next, from the right pane select the emails which you want to archive.
- Lastly, click on the “Archive” option
How to automatically Archive emails in Outlook
- First, on your desktop open the Outlook app.
- Once done, tap File and then choose Options.
- Next, on the left side tap on the Advanced option.
- On the right pane under Auto Archive, tap on the option Auto Archive Settings
- Next, click on the “Run Auto Archive every N day” option and identify how you want to run Auto Archive.
- After that, select an item that you want to archive in the Default folder settings for archiving section
- Choose the folder where you want to save your archive file
- Once found, tap Browse
- At last, tap OK to save your changes
Steps to Archive emails in Outlook manually
- Open “Outlook” on your device.
- Next, tap the “File” option and choose the “Info” tab that appears on the left
- Scroll down for Tools and then choose the option “Clean Up Old Items”.
- Just after that, a dialog box will appear where you need to select the “Archive for folders and subfolders” option, and then choose the folder you want to archive.
- Use the calendar option to choose the age of your items under Archive items older than.
- Select the folder where you want to save your Outlook archive file and click on Browse. And at last, tap OK
How do I enable Archive mail Outlook 365?
Follow the points discussed below for archiving emails in outlook 365:
- In the browser, bar type https://protection.office.com/ and log into your account using your Office 365 credentials
- In the Security and Compliance centre choose Data Governance and then tap the “Archive” option
- After that, you will see the linked mailboxes next to O365 account and also whether it is enabled or not
- Select the mailbox to enable “Archive mailbox” and then click “Yes”
- Once done, you will see the archive mailbox.
Ways for Archiving emails in Outlook 365
Follow the below process once you have enabled the archive mailbox:
- To login to MS Outlook use the O365 account
- After that, open the folder from where you need to archive emails
Note: Despite this, there is also an option to select specific emails and click on the “archive” tab in the top pane of the O365 account
- Next, choose the emails which you want to archive and right-click on them.
- To move the selected emails to the archive mailbox choose the option “Archive”.
How to Find/Search the Archive folder
Follow the below-mentioned steps to search the archive folder:
- There is a current mailbox feature at the top of the folder list, for looking for outlook items
- From the folder list, select only the archive folder
- Once done, a box will appear where you will only see the archive folder.
We have discussed all the processes for archiving emails in Outlook 365 in this article. Besides, we have provided step-by-step tips to archive emails in Outlook. Just you need to go through them and tackle the issue.