To delete Your AOL email account, log in to the AOL account termination page and choose the “Continue to Delete My Account” option. If you’ve changed your mind about deleting your account within 30 days, reactivate it using your AIM or AOL Mail account.
Before deleting your email account, you must consider some points. It could save your old emails to another account, replace the old email in all services, and inform others that you’re closing your account. Alternatively, you can use the AOL website to close your account.
Remember that you cannot close your account from the mobile app. Once you cancel your account, you’ll lose access to your data like contacts, events, emails, etc. To know more about this, keep reading the entire blog!
What you should know about the AOL Mail?
Before proceeding to delete an account, you must know some essential things. The mail service started in 2004 and is still highly active.
- AOL mail is available in 54 languages, and opening an account is free.
- The mail service can be accessed through its app and website.
- It can be linked with third-party servers like Thunderbird and Outlook.
- The maximum size of an AOL email attachment is 25 MB.
- You can store 1000 emails in your inbox and 4000 on Sent folders.
Things to do before deleting your AOL account
Before deleting an account, you must ensure you don’t lose your data. This will help you transfer your current AOL account to the new plan you want to use.
1. Reset your recovery email address.
If the AOL email was your primary one, you use it as a recovery email for your other online accounts. If you delete your Email account before resetting the email, you cannot recover it if you’ve forgotten your password. Due to this, it’s advised that you change your recovery email in those accounts. Once done, you can delete Your AOL account.
2. Cancel ongoing AOL subscriptions.
AOL offers various subscriptions that help you to maintain online privacy and secure your data. These subscriptions are system mechanics, data security, live support, etc.
If you’ve signed up for any of these services, cancel them immediately before deleting an account. To do so, go to My Subscription page and log in to your account. After that, follow the prompts. After canceling, wait for 90 days before proceeding to the ways to delete your AOL account.
3. Export all your AOL data
If you’re using your AOL account, it contains your private information. Thus, you must download this data to access it whenever you want, even after deleting your account.
To download it, go to the AOL Get My Data page. Thus, you must verify your account password and 2FA to see the downloads page. After that, click the “Download” button to download the data and follow the instructions.
How to Delete Your AOL Email Account?
Here, you’ll know how to delete your AOL email account from your desktop and mobile devices. For this, move ahead.
1. Delete your AOL account on Windows, Mac, or Chromebooks
- Tap https://login.aol.com/.
- Sign in to your account.
- Press the “Continue delete my account” option
- Here, type your email address
- Hit the “Yes, delete this account”
Once done, you’ll see a message saying your account has been deactivated.
2. Delete your AOL email account on Android
- On your Android, open the AOL app
- Click the “Profile” icon
- Press the “Settings” button
- Scroll down and choose “Manage Privacy.”
- Click the “Privacy Dashboard” option
- Now, enter your ID and password to log in
- Tap the “Delete My Account” button
- From now on, the steps are the same as desktop
- Press the “Continue delete my account” option
- Type your email ID
- After that, press “Yes, delete this account”
After these steps, you’ll see a message that your account has been deactivated.
How do I delete my AOL email account in 2024?
Follow the below steps to delete your AOL mail account in 2023:
- Visit the AOL official website
- Log in to your account
- Tap the “Settings” option
- Once done, a list of options appears on your screen
- Click the “Account Security” button
- Press the “Close My Account” option under the “Account Management” section
- Follow the on-screen steps
Note: Once you delete your AOL Email account, you cannot access your email messages and the other data associated with your account.
The Bottom Line
As discussed above, deleting the AOL email account is straightforward by following the above steps. Before deleting, you must save your old emails to other online accounts. If you still encounter issues while deleting your account, write in the comment sections.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I permanently delete an email account from AOL?
To delete your AOL email account permanently from AOL, follow the steps:
- Choose 1 or more messages
- Press the “Select All” icon
- Lastly, hit the “Delete” button
Why can’t I delete my AOL account?
You can only close your account instead of deletion. It’s possible if your account has no balance and you’ve canceled your active subscriptions before 90 days. To cancel paid services, open the MyAccount page and pay balances.
How do I shut down my AOL email account?
Follow these procedures to close your AOL account:
- Go to MyAccount.aol.com
- Tap “My Services” and then “Subscriptions.”
- Hit “Manage” to cancel your plan
- Verify your account if asked
- Press the “Cancel” button
- Scroll down and hit “Cancel My Billing.”
- Choose the reason for canceling
- Lastly, click “Cancel My Billing”
What happens if I delete my AOL email account?
When you delete your AOL Email account, all your data, including contacts, emails, etc, will be removed and can’t be restored. Note that deleting an AOL account is permanent and cannot be undone.
- How do I contact a live person at AOL?
- AOL email not working on iPhone
- AOL mail not receiving emails