Are you clueless about why the COX email not working? Then, here are some possible reasons given below.
- Entering the wrong login details
- Poor internet connectivity
- The Cox server could be down
- Too many extensions are installed in the browser
- Enabled firewall or third-party software
- Invalid IMAP and POP configuration
Go through the fixes below to deal with the problem without hassle.
Fix 1. Use a Stable Internet Connection
To enjoy uninterrupted email services offered by COX, users need to have a stable internet connection. Without stable internet connectivity, it is not possible for to users send and receive emails on COX with ease.
You can talk to your ISP and request them to improve the speed of your internet connection.
Apart from this, power off and on your Wi-Fi router to fix temporary technical issues.
Hopefully, the email issue will be rectified but if not, check another tip below.
Fix 2. Enter Valid Details
If you aren’t sure about why is my Cox email not working then, please make sure that you have entered the right username and password.
Whenever you enter the wrong login credentials, COX mail shows an error message. So, be careful while submitting your login details.
Furthermore, if you are unable to remember your password, you can reset it by clicking on the “Forgot Password” option.
If you don’t remember the password, visit COX’s official site.
There on the home page, you will see the “Forgot Password” option. Simply, click on it and proceed further by following the on-screen instructions.
Later, you will be sent a secret code using which you can generate a new password for your COX mail account.
Fix 3. Use a Compatible Browser
Now, you need to use a compatible browser to access the COX mail account. To make the browser compatible with your device, make sure you update the browser to the latest updates. Once the browser is updated, most of the issues will be fixed including the email.
Moreover, to boost the performance of the browser, delete all the cookies or junk files. After this, it will start working pro.
The second thing you need to keep in your head is to uninstall all the extra or unimportant extensions from your browser.
Fix 4. Delete Your Browser Cache
No matter whether you use a PC or Android, if you are accessing COX on the browser, delete its cache. If COX email not working on your iPhone, keep the browser free from all unwanted or junk files.
Here, you can see the steps to delete the cache of your browser
- First of all, open the browser on your device.
- Next, go to the “Settings” option.
- After that, choose the “Privacy and Security” option.
- Then, choose “Cookies or other site data”.
- Thereafter, click the “Clear Data” option.
- Finally, the cache will be deleted from the browser.
Fix 5. Disable Firewall or Anti-virus
If you have turned on the firewall or any other third-party software on your device, then, definitely, it will cause some issues with email.
Due to security reasons, the firewall may prevent COX mail from functioning properly. In addition, many mail features will be blocked as well
Hence, go to the settings of your device and turn off the firewall.
Fix 6. Update the COX mail app
If you are using the COX mail app and the Cox Email app Not working properly, then, it is time to update the app to the latest version. Go to the Play Store to download and install the important updates.
Fix 7. Power Cycle Device
This is also a helpful tip to fix COX email not working with Outlook. You need to just turn off and on your device. Surely, rebooting will rectify several technical errors.
In case the restating doesn’t help you to get rid of the error, then, contact COX email support for more effective help & suggestions.
Fix 8. COX Email Not Working On Android
Please the important points below if COX Email Not working on Android.
- Your phone must be connected to a good internet connection.
- Second, your Android device must have sufficient storage.
- Use a different browser on your Android device.
- IMAP/POP settings should be configured validly. Make sure settings are configured in the given way.
- Incoming server hostname: pop.cox.net
- Incoming mail port: 110
- SSL: None
- Outgoing server: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing port: 25
- Requires sign-in: yes
- Disable the anti-virus program from your device.
Fix 9. COX Email not working On the iPhone
Take care of the given points below if COX Email Not working on your iPhone.
- First, turn off Airplane mode.
- Next, your iPhone must have good storage to function properly.
- Also, validly configure IMAP/POP.
- Then, re-add the COX mail account to your Android device.
- Moreover, get help from the experts at COX support.
Fix 10. Fix COX Not Sending & Receiving Emails
- Firstly, check your new COX emails in the spam or other folders.
- Secondly, disable filters otherwise, all new emails will be gone to different locations.
- Furthermore, ensure the recipient you sending and receiving emails isn’t blocked.
- Also, don’t breach COX sending limits.
Get Email Assistance from the experts if COX mail is still not functioning well even after using the troubleshooting tips given in the blog.