Bellsouth email is one of the oldest services that still serves its user base. However, sometimes, due to certain technical glitches, people find Bellsouth email not working.
This problem manifests itself in the form of email login issues or the inability to send emails. But regardless of the problem, there’s a resolution. In this guide, you’ll find effective troubleshooting for when Bellsouth email stops working.
Troubleshoot Bellsouth Email Not Working
Here are some simple and advanced fixes for every Bellsouth email user.
1. Find if the Bellsouth server is down
Even the best email service can go down at certain points. The same is true for Bellsouth. Whenever you cannot access your email, go to downdetector.com to find the Bellsouth server status.
If the AT&T server is down, you have no option but to wait until it comes back up. If not, proceed to the fix below.
2. Set up your account properly
If you are searching for how to fix Bellsouth.net email not working with Outlook, this fix is for you. An improperly configured account can lead to this issue.
Here’s how to add a Bellsouth account correctly in Outlook.
- Launch Outlook.
- Now, move to ‘File’ and choose the ‘Add Account option.
- Choose ‘Manual setup or additional server types.’
- Tap ‘Next.’
- Choose ‘POP or IMAP’ and tap ‘Next.’
- Input your email display name and email ID.
- POP3 users should input ‘att.net’ for the Incoming server and ‘outboundatt.net’ for the Outgoing server.
- Input your login data.
- Now tap ‘More settings.’
- Move to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Here, input 995 as the incoming server port.
- 465 is the outgoing server port.
- Save the changes you’ve made.
- IMAP users should enter imap.mail.att.net as the Incoming Server and smtp.mail.att.net as the Outgoing Server.
- 993 is the Incoming Port number.
- 587/465 is the Outgoing Server port.
- Examine whether your setup is correct by tapping ‘Test account setting.’
3. Repair a corrupt Outlook profile
If you are still complaining about why is my Bellsouth email not working in Outlook, a corrupt profile can be the cause.
- Open Outlook and move to the ‘File’ tab.
- From here, select the ‘Info’ option.
- Choose ‘Account’ followed by ‘Account Settings.’
- Modify ‘Folder’ to ‘Outlook data file’ and then ‘Inbox.’
- Save all the applied changes.
4. Reset the Bellsouth account password
An incorrect username and password will prevent the Bellsouth email account from working. Reset the password using these points.
- Head to the login page of AT&T.
- Next, tap the ‘Forgot User ID?’ option.
- If you want to recover the password, tap ‘Forgot Password.’
- Input your Bellsouth user ID and your surname.
- After that, click ‘Continue.’
- Enter the right credentials.
- You will now be permitted to change your Bellsouth email password.
- After changing it, log in to your email account.
5. Make a secure mail key
If you find Bellsouth email not working with Outlook, simply changing the password won’t help. Use a secure mail key to prevent your account from becoming the victim of a malicious attack.
- Head to the Bellsouth email profile page.
- Next, tap ‘Sign-in Info.’
- Choose the email account for which you’ll make a secure mail key.
- Scroll to the ‘Secure Mail Key’ section.
- Select ‘Manage Secure Mail Key.’
- Choose ‘Add Secure Mail Key.’
- You can also enter the security key’s name to identify it.
- Choose ‘Create Secure Mail Key.’
- Now, tap ‘Copy Secure Mail Key’ to the clipboard.
- Tap ‘OK.’
6. Examine the block list and the spam folder
Sometimes, you may unknowingly block a sender and not receive emails from them. The emails can also be in the spam folder.
- To check if you’ve blocked a user, go to ‘Junk Mail.’
- Select the ‘Blocked Sender’ tab and click ‘Remove.’
- Go to your email inbox and open the spam folder.
- You may find emails from your senders there.
- If the emails are there, head to ‘Email Settings’ and delete any filters.
- Now, you will not complain about Bellsouth email not working.
7. Disable the antivirus program
Third-party security programs and the in-built Windows firewall can disturb Bellsouth email exchange.
So, it’s important to disable these programs if Bellsouth’s email functions improperly.
- Go to ‘Control Panel.’
- Here, tap ‘All Control Panel Items.’
- Click ‘Windows Firewall’ and select ‘Customize Settings.’
- Under ‘Private Network Settings,’ check the option ‘Turn off Windows Firewall (Not Recommended).’
- Under ‘Public Network Settings,’ check ‘Turn off Windows Firewall (Not Recommended).’
8. Check the email account storage space.
You may find Bellsouth email not working if your inbox is cluttered with unnecessary emails. These emails take up storage space, making you unable to send or receive messages.
The only way to fix this problem is to delete irrelevant emails and free up some space. After that, send yourself an email and see whether you can receive it.
9. Troubleshoot the network problem
If the internet connectivity is weak, the Bellsouth.net email won’t work. As a result, you will face login issues.
- Open the ‘Start’ menu in your system.
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ section.
- Here, select ‘All Control Panel Items.’
- Select ‘Internet Options.’
- Now, choose ‘Advanced.’
- Click ‘Reset.’
- Tap ‘OK.’
- Now, check whether you can use your Bellsouth email account properly.
10. Uninstall browser add-ons
Various add-ons on the web browser hinder Bellsouth email from working optimally. So, uninstall them using these tips.
- Open Chrome on your system.
- Click ‘More’ at the top, followed by ‘More Tools.’
- Next, choose ‘Extensions.’
- Tap ‘Remove’ on the extension or add-on you wish to remove.
- Click ‘Remove’ again to confirm it.
Additional Tips to Fix Bellsouth Email Not Working
Apart from the various measures above, there are some additional troubleshooting tips. Keep in mind the following to prevent facing Bellsouth email issues.
- Ensure strong internet connectivity while using Bellsouth email.
- Check whether your system has the latest updates.
- Scan your system to see for any virus or malware attacks.
- Ensure that you use a compatible browser while accessing Bellsouth emails.
- If you use the Bellsouth email application on your phone, check that it is up-to-date.
Use these simple fixes whenever you notice Bellsouth email not working. They will troubleshoot the issues in email settings and browsers so you can work uninterruptedly. If the problem persists, consider professional email assistance help.